Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Shack

"God as you've never seen Him before!"

No kidding.

I'm two-thirds through the book right now...it's hard to put down! Without giving away the plot (because, quite simply, should read this book), I can say that I am finally getting a real taste of GOD...his personality, his character, his desires, his playfulness, his love. It's really quite remarkable. William Young (the author) had had quite a revelation of the Father. Last night I read through a scene that...helped me understand the idea of redemption through the Cross. It clarified the reasoning....the sheer, unspeakably deep love...behind the Cross. My mind keeps going back to it. What love!

Yesterday morning, in Renovation of the Heart (in daily practice), I was challenged to look more closely at one loving thing Jesus did...to put myself in the place of the person being loved...and to receive that image of God's love as a gift for the day. I chose Jesus' encounter with the leper in Matthew 8. I imagined the look in Jesus' eyes as he lovingly, emphatically said, "I do choose. Be whole!" Following this up with image after image of God's love found in The Shack, are there even words that come remotely close to describing the feeling in my heart?

It lends all new meaning to the song "Jesus loves me."

No comments: