Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Homesick at home.

I'm feeling homesick. Homesick at home. Really. It's loads of fun. What do you do with that? It's so weird...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not mean the universe is a fraud…earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing" ~CS Lewis
Maybe that's what it is. I don't know how else to explain it. Feels like crap. Maybe I just need to spend a little me n' God time. I guess it has been a bit of a fragmented day.

2 comments:

Christopher C Hooton said...

Could it be desolation?

Barbara said...

I think you're right - it's a form of desolation...paired with just an aching longing.
Thanks for the link...that's some good stuff. I like..."One who is in desolation must strive to persevere in patience, which is contrary to the vexations that have come upon him." Fenelon said that impatience is wanting what we don't have...mmm. Got me.