Friday, March 14, 2008

Letting go...

"Uncrowd my heart, O God
'Til silence speaks
in your still, small voice.
Turn me away from
the hearing of words,
the making of words,
and the confusion of much speaking
to listening,
waiting,
stillness,
and silence..."
~From Esther DeWaal's "Lost in Wonder"

Listening...waiting...stillness...silence. These require relinquishment. Letting go. Releasing the many, many things that tear at my heart and constantly demand all thought, full attention. Turning away from my own "wisdom"...that nagging urge to figure it out. Abandoning myself, instead, to God's power. His grace. His generative life-giving Spirit that gives all life and meaning and depth...and defies description. Being cheerfully expectant of the next glimpse I catch of his work in my life and in the world around me.

No comments: